Good progress lately on Gtk#. Got the toggle ref updates into svn, in addition to the Gtk.Object destruction rework. I did a lot of testing on the patch in MonoDevelop, Banshee, F-spot, and some toy apps of mine to feel more confident about such a fundamental change to ref management in the binding.
Having gone through the exercise of building bleeding edge versions of all those apps to test them against bleeding edge Gtk#, I decided it would be good to continue dogfooding like this regularly. I plan to pull the trunk sources of MD, Banshee, and F-spot once a week and run them against Gtk# trunk from now on.
Dogfooding Banshee and F-spot is a simple thing, since I use both applications regularly. MonoDevelop has been something I've only goofed around with every now and then, though. To create a nice dogfooding opportunity I decided to convert my little fitness log application to a MonoDevelop project so I can hack on it in MonoDevelop for an hour or two each week. I wrote a wiki page on my experience of converting the subversion-based autotools project to an MD project. It required surprisingly little manual effort thanks to the nice toys Lluis and folks have been building into MD lately.